posted @ 12:00am, Wednesday 15 April 2009.
REIDIN.com INDEXFocus Turkey
March 2009 Real Estate Sector Analysis - Residential
Date: April 15, 2009
Location: Istanbul, Dubai, London
The monthly and yearly earning yields of residential real estates in 6 large cities of Turkey (Adana, Ankara, Bursa, Istanbul, Izmir and Kocaeli) for the period March 2009 were calculated by using the "monthly price/square meter median sales and rent values" compiled by REIDIN.COM and weighed according to the populations in these cities.
When the residential real estate investments and the financial investment instruments are adjusted by inflation rate according to the Consumer Price Index (CPI), it is seen that the investment instrument having the highest monthly real return is the Euro.
When adjusted by inflation rate according to the Consumer Price Index, the residential real estate investments caused a loss to the investors in real terms in March 2009. Accordingly, the rate of loss in real terms is 0.54% in Adana, 0.56% in Ankara, 0.56% in Bursa, 0.56% in Istanbul, 0.62% in Izmir and 0.56% in Kocaeli on monthly basis.
When adjusted by inflation rate according to the Consumer Price Index (1.10%), the monthly real profit rate of investors of Euro, US Dollar and Gold (ingot) were 3.86%, 1.78%, and 0.30% respectively, while the Deposit Interest Rate and the Istanbul Stock Exchange (ISE-100 Index) posted losses of 0.11% and 4.67% respectively.
The residential sales prices in Turkey's major 6 cities fell at significant rates in March compared to February of this year. During that period, residential sales price fell 3.78% in Izmir, 1.40% in Ankara, 1.29% in Kocaeli, 0.74% in Adana, 0.46% in Bursa and 0.43% in Istanbul.
The residential rent prices fell 6.21% in Kocaeli, 3.47% in Istanbul, 2.58% in Bursa, 1.35% in Adana and 0.67% in Izmir. Ankara was also the only city that the rent prices did not change during that period.
More information is available at indexfocus.reidin.com
About REIDIN.com INDEXFocus:
Currently available for Turkey only
- November 2015
- >> REIDIN Turkish Real Estate Market Overview - November 2015
- >> REIDIN Turkey Real Estate Indices: October 2015 Results
- >> REIDIN Office Rental Index showed a slown down on Istanbul's long run decrease for 2015 Q3
- >> UAE Residential Market Overview - October 2015
- >> The Invisible Hand: The Evolution of Dubai Communities
- October 2015
- >> Dubai/Abu Dhabi Residential Property Price Indices: September 2015 Results
- >> REIDIN Turkey Real Estate Confidence Index & REIDIN Turkey Real Estate Price Sentiment Index 2015 Q4
- >> Dubai: The Mystery & Variety of Mid Income Housing
- >> REIDIN Turkish Real Estate Market Overview - October 2015
- >> REIDIN Turkey Real Estate Indices: September 2015 Results