6 March 2019
The main theme for the real estate conferences programme is Engaging the Future
The priority of real estate industry players is now to manage risk as new revenue streams open up, helped by new drivers including:
- Evolving new technology and human behaviour, which is transforming the nature of real estate as an investment, and as a product or service we use as consumers.
- People centricity as a key factor for growing a successful business.
- High energy prices, climate change and government regulation are already pushing sustainability up the real estate agenda
- The need for investors and owners to improve asset performance and manage the broader range of risks emerging.
As MIPIM 2019 celebrates its 30th edition, the real estate conferences programme gives a unique opportunity to envision the next 30 years under the lens of ‘durability’: an enabler for economic growth, sustainable performance and community cohesion. The real estate industry has a whole new cycle to work with over the next 30 years, fostering a lasting, positive impact in each and every built environment.
The MIPIM real estate conferences programme will answer the following key questions:
- How to choose the best strategies that benefit over the longer term?
- How to choose the best strategies to ensure people’s quality of life?
- How to commit responsible practices and employ existing resources optimally?
For this special edition, MIPIM more than ever focuses on global and societal topics impacting the real estate industry. The real estate conferences programme offers food for thought, strategic insights and solution-oriented tools, with leaders from around the world, and influential doers and makers from across the real estate industry.